Thursday, September 8, 2011

Hello Kitty and High Heels

So I know most blogs do five things on a Friday, but I don't have five things today. That and since I like to be different, I'm only doing 4. Besides by the time I get this posted it will be nearly Saturday.

So here are almost five things on an almost Saturday...

1. On the writing front, I'm about 13,000 words into the first draft of my new project....kind of in that sweet spot between the beginning hump and the wall aka the middle. I'm liking it here - the ideas and the words are rolling off my fingers relatively easy and with little blood.

2. Of course now that the writing is moving along smoothly, everything in my non-writing life is conspiring against me. Like a busy weekend ahead with a wedding to go to and dinner for my brother's birthday (which I'm hosting). And next week I am working in the office (I usually get to work at home) which means a long commute (nearly 2 hrs round trip). Most of the evenings will be eaten up with kids activities. So I'm crossing my fingers I can hold on to this momentum..even if it means just a mere 100 words before giving into the exhaustion each night.

3. In complete random news, I am wearing high heels to the wedding. I don't do high heels (well not well anyways). Yes klutzy me, made it to middle age without ever mastering the art of walking around with my heels off the ground. My husband thinks it's funny and wants to get me a bike helmet and knee pads. I'm just hoping I get through the day without broken bones.

4. Finally, if you're a writer in desperate need of confidence (like me), check out the Insecure Writer's Support Group over at Alex J Cavanaugh's blog. The best part - realizing I'm not alone - there are a whole lot of others out there who get the 'doubts' too. I'm planning on joining in next month.

So...

When life gets in the way when you're on a great writing streak, how do you keep it going?

Oh yeah and does anyone out there have some great tips for wearing heels?

4 comments:

  1. Yay for the 13,000 words! And I'm a big klutz too. In fact, it is a rule that I'm not allowed to touching anything made out of glass. I don't wear high heels. I do much better with wedges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't do well with glass either...or wearing white. I'm just happy I survived the heels this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you survived the heels, and I hope you had a great time at the wedding and b-day party! Thanks for checking up with me, it helped restart the dying flames of my own momentum. Hopefully I'll have something to send you in the next few days. I'm definitely feeling the insecurity right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think writing streaks are rather rare. I try to keep up my schedule and just keep writing whenever I can.

    ReplyDelete