Monday, October 17, 2011

What's New: Pie & Awards

In my house, date night means stealing an hour away at the local Baker's Square for coffee and pie to discuss what's new and what we're looking forward to. So, here's this weeks pie, Pink Ribbon Chocolate Strawberry, which just so happens to be the pie of the month. As a chocolate strawberry lover I have to say it was pretty yummy. And very very pink. Oh, how I love pink.

And so now that we've got the pie...

What's New

Awards. I have two new awards...well maybe not so new since I received these a while back. First up, the fabulous Sheri L. Swift over at Finding Joy in the Journey awarded me the Liebster Blog Award.


The rules are:

1. Show your appreciation to the bloggers who gave you the award by linking back to them.
2. Reveal your five picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Post the award on your blog.
4. Bask in the camaraderie of the most supportive people on the internet ~ other writers.
5. And best of all ~ have bloggity fun and spread the love.

So to Sheri - a huge THANK YOU! And to everyone else, if you're not already following her...run (don't walk) to her fabulous blog. And check out her mermaid book, Legend of the Mer.

And to pass it on...

1. K.S. Collier
2. Niiganab
3.
4. Amber
5. and if you have less than 200 followers and haven't received a Liebster Award, then YOU!

Also Julie Fedderson at Gypsy in My Soul awarded me the Blog on Fire Award. First, if you are not following Julie's blog you are majorly missing out. It's fun, informative, and never ceases to make me laugh. Second, THANK YOU Julie!


Part of the deal was to share 7 facts about yourself. I've shared 10 here.

And to pass this on...

1. Jenn at Jennifer Baker-Henry. Jen is a fabulous writer and she bakes too. Be sure to check out her recipes for book-inspired cookies. I'm looking forward to whipping up some of the Daughter of Smoke and Bone cookies to indulge in while I read the book.

2. Sheri L Swift at Finding Joy in the Journey. Her latest post is a hauntingly beautiful poem called The Unknown. Be sure to check it out.

3. Rebekah Loper. She is currently sharing her outlining with index cards secret. And as I'm currently striving to be a more organized outliner, it couldn't have come at a better time :)

What I'm Looking Forward To

1. New Releases this week...

















2. I'm also highly anticipating the premiere of Once Upon A Time on Sunday on ABC...which in my world means this show is doomed.




So what's new in your world? And what are you looking forward to?

3 comments:

  1. I have seriously been counting down the days until Once Upon a Time!!! I even have a reminder on my computer. I totally heart Ginnifer Goodwin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call me and remind me on Sunday, ok? This looks so good! Love the blog about your uncle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the award! I really thought I'd already posted a comment earlier in the week, but evidently not!

    I am also very excited about the Once Upon a Time premier, but I'm trying not to hold my breath . . . we'll see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete