Friday, March 9, 2012

Awarded, Tagged, and Challenged

Happy Friday!

First up, I was awarded the Kreativ Blogger Award from Amber Clites. Thank you Amber!

The rules:

1. Thank the blogger who gave you the award and provide a link.
2. List 7 interesting things about yourself that your readers might find interesting
3. Nominate 7 other bloggers, provide links, and let them know!

So Amber, thanks again! :) As for the 7 interesting things...well not sure how interesting I really am, but if you go here you'll find 10.

Also Amber tagged me in The Lucky 7 Meme.

The rules:

1. Go to page 77 of your current MS/WIP
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next 7 lines - sentences or paragraphs - and post them as they're written. No cheating
4. Tag 7 authors
5. Let them know

So here I go (7 lines in all there unedited glory)...

"Hungry?" he asks. We’re parked in front of a generic freeway diner, one of the thousands off I-70 advertising $3.99 weekday specials and Kids-eat-free Fridays in giant neon letters across tinted windows.
"I guess," I say but he’s already climbing out of the car. I don’t like this distance between us. This unease. But I don’t know how to fix it. I get out, slamming the car door closed, and follow him inside.

I also recently realized that I posted a huge novel of questions from being tagged in the '11 Questions' game and never asked any of my own (yeah, chain letters always die with me too). So here it goes:

1. If your WIP had a theme song, what would it be?
2. How did you come up with the name for your main character?
3. About how long does it take you to complete a first draft?
4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
5. What's your favorite candy bar?
6. Early bird or night owl?
7. Name one thing you're looking forward to this year.
8. If you could have one question answered about your future, what would it be?
9. What is your favorite part of the writing process?
10. Are you going to see Hunger Games on March 23rd? If not, why?
11. Team Peeta or Team Gale?

And now to pass the Kreativ Blogger Award, the Lucky 7 Meme, and the 11 Questions onto some wonderful bloggers...

1. Elodie at commutinggirl
2. Jennifer Fischetto
3. Gina at This Is Not Your Blog
4. Jenna at Finding the Write Way
5. Rena at Doctor Faerie Godmother
6. Daisy at Fresh As A Daisy
7. W. Chaser
8. Ashley Nixon
9. Amber at amberafterglow



And finally, I've decided to take a leap and join the Change Write Now Challenge. If you have health goals for 2012 and are looking for some motivation, today is the last day to join in!

Have a great weekend!!!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for tagging me! I'll post my p. 77 and some answers tomorrow! And good luck with Change Write Now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the award. :)

    Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the Tag, and good luck on the health challenge. That stuff is never easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need the rest of these pages ASAP!!! It's amazing how such a little sample can show me how many changes you've already made! Now I have to answer the questions, but it probably won't be until tomorrow after the party!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for tagging me, Carrie. I'll post mine this week. Sounds like a good story. I'm intrigued if it's the same as the one in our workshop that I've seen a glimpse of. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for tagging me! This looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete