Friday, August 12, 2011

Another year older...




And here are 5 goals I have in the coming year...

1. Weigh less than I do now.
I'm hoping that while the number of candles rises, the number on the scale lowers...dramatically!

2. To get a new phone.
My current one is sick, very sick. It tends to lose text messages, not ring when somebody is calling, and shut off when it feels like it. And I can't get twitter to work on it. Thankfully Verizon says I can get one next week! Now if I could just decide...


3. To write 2 more books - well at least the first draft.
Very ambitious of me, but the last one took 8 months, the one before that 10. Guess this means I could maybe do one in 6 months, and voila - 2 new novels before I get older again
.

4. To jump into twitter.
Yep I was always that quiet girl standing awkwardly in the corner at parties thinking hard about the right time to jump in. That's what twitter feels like - I'm against the wall watching the popular kids tweet on by. This year I vow to jump or at least wade on in.


5. Come all the way out of the writing closet.
Announce you're going back to college on your Facebook status and watch the "likes" pile up. Announce you are writing a book and well...I can almost hear the snickers (yes I had a few bad experiences). You currently can't find this blog from my Facebook page. And although I've let it slip to a few, the majority of my friends, unless they've been googling my name, are clueless.


And here is what I'll be wishing for when I blow out my those candles today...

1. An agent.

2. A cruise this winter.

3. My Pottermore Welcome e-mail. (I'm starting to believe this will be the least likely of my choices).

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Today just happens to be my birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Hope all your B-day wishes come true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My all your birthday wishes come true! And cake eaten on your birthday has no calories, it's a fact.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everybody!!!!

    Rain - how fun! Happy birthday to you too!!!!

    ReplyDelete